The Invicta Car Company was founded by Noel Macklin and was based In Cobham from 1925 to 1933 and later in Chelsea from 1933 to 1938. Noel Campbell was a respected motoring enthusiast and former racing driver. His big goal in life was to build and offer a car with “effortless performance”, combining European standards of roadholding and handling with American strength of construction and power.The first production car in 1925, the Bayliss-Thomas frame was equipped with a 2.5 Ltr. 6-cilinder Meadows engine. The engine grew to 3 Ltr. in 1926 and 4.5 Ltr. in 1928. With the 4.5 Ltr. engine, the driver was able to change into 4th gear at around 10 km per hour, still able to accelerate rapidly to 140 km per hour top speed. Macklin insisted on Rolls Royce building quality an Bentley like performance. At the 1930 Olympia show, the sensational low-chassis 4.5 Ltr. Sports model was introduced, one of the most striking cars exhibited. During the world-wide depression in 1930, Macklin decided to cut prices and at the same time keep the engineering standards, building quality and craftmanship. Financially this was not a very wise decision and the last car was build in October 1933.